SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scraphappy_gw

Pharmanex multivitamins - anyone take these?

scraphappy
17 years ago

Hi - I usually hang out on the Quilting Forum - just wandered over here to ask if anyone else has any experience with these products? I am 64, in reasonably good health, and on an annual eye checkup, asked my eye Dr. what vitamins he would recommend specifically for eye health, as there is macular degeneration in my family history - my eyes are very healthy so far and I want to keep it that way. His office recently started this program encouraging the use of the Pharmanex Lifepak vitamins, and I signed up - having some reservations now, though. They stipulate two packets of these a day - that's 14 capsules of various components - and it isn't cheap. I'm concerned about maybe it's TOO many vitamins - some are way over the RDA, and all I really wanted was eye health care. Anyone have any experience with these? I recently called their 800# to cut back the automatic deliveries to give me a 1-packet a day supply, instead of 2, and got the hard-sell speel that I would really be neglecting my health if I only took 1 packet (7 capsules) . . etc. etc. etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated. (It's $113/mo with shipping for the 2/day box) I'm not concerned about the "anti-aging" slant on it - just eyes and general health.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's part of their website

Comments (3)

Sponsored