Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found article drug companies pay doctors?

Posted by worriedone (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 10:40

http://www.propublica.org/article/lawsuits-say-pharma-illegally-paid-doctors-to-push-their-drugs

by Charles Ornstein and Tracy Weber, ProPublica, Oct. 18, 2010, 9:55 p.m.

"...Drug companies say the millions of dollars they pay physicians for speaking and consulting justly compensates them for the laudable work of educating their colleagues.

But a series of lawsuits brought by former employees of those companies allege the money often was used for illegal purposes � financially rewarding doctors for prescribing their brand-name medications."

"...In several instances, the ex-employees say, the physicians were told to push "off-label" uses of the drugs � those not approved by the U.S. regulators � a marketing tactic banned by federal law."

Please, for your health's sake - investigate ALL the medicines prescribed BEFORE taking them! PLEASE.

This has become standard procedure. Many of the pharm companies out right LIE about the safety and response of the drugs. They actually "finagle" the numbers so the doctors are led to believe the harmful/killing drug works.

It may work for one week, or two--or NOT AT ALL. Take care of your health THRU PROPER DIET - nutrition and exercise. Please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found article drug companies pay doctors?

The government sent a team of investigators to our city to check some doctors who were accused of taken a kick back. No results were ever reported. I am sure some of them do take it.

My pharmacist told me that the Alzheimer's meds have never been proven to help. He said we are being used as guinea pigs for their research.

You may not know this but when you research a doctor on the net, there is a place to click to see if he has ever had any problems like lawsuits. You can also call your local district attorney's office and get the same report.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 11:01

o

The doctors are the puppets of the drug companies they might not know it. They where educated by the drug companies,they are given millions of dollars of samples to give to patience to start them on drugs, they are given free vacations to learn about new drugs. The drug companies made over 800 billion dollars so they can afford to get the government and legal charges dismissed or it they have to pay a billion or so it is just good business.

o

that terrible i knew that drug companies are ruthless but this is going even further than just making drugs so unaffordable people are dieing...

o

I was always told drs get paid by drug companies and they get a percentage of tests they set you up with.

o

The ones who do are crooks and they are not all like. If I don't like a doctor or don't trust him I find a new doctor.

o

Just watched this show, drug test in India amongst the poor & helpless...please watch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drug test

o

This is so typical of these drug companies. They can set up 50 trails and 40 fail but 10 have some success and that is the 10 that they give the FDA to get approval

To big to fail
to evil to expose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here