Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how does a dr test for gallstones

Posted by Catlady15 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 28, 05 at 10:32

i hurt so much and when i bend over it cuts my air off and i was told by a freind it sounded like gallstones.but i want to know how they test for this.i can't stomach drinking anything.i threw up very easy.or how to test if i have a hernia or does women have these.,my husband said he thinks i have a ulcers because i just went thur heart surgery in sept and than dec 31 my dear mom died.so you can see why my husband thinks ulcers.any information would be greatly apprcaited.judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how does a dr test for gallstones

You need to see the doctor that did your heart surgery NOW. I don't mean to frighten you but you could be having some sort of problem from that. It really doesn't sound like either gall stones or ulcers, but it could be.
Yes, women have hernias. Ultra Sound test will show gall stones. At least call your doctor about this. Don't wait.

o

thanks peabee i will call the heart dr because i just don't have enough air and it hurts bad when i bend over.it cuts off all my air to a point when i raise my body or head back up i see those sparkle things flashing around.someone at the groc store said that sounds like my bP drops or jumps up high.but i will call my heart dr and see what they think.thanks for your time.judy

o

"i hurt so much and when i bend over it cuts my air off and i was told by a freind it sounded like gallstones."

Doesn't sound like gallstones to me - they usually cause intense pain no matter what position you are in, and don't ihnterfere with breathing.

Call the doc, because you should be able to breathe without pain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here