Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renewal for SS Disability

Posted by PoohBear2767 (poohbear2767@despammed.com) on
Sat, Jan 1, 05 at 10:28

I had to go out to the SS office last week for a yearly update.
Seems that every year they want to make sure their records are correct for my address and phone number and other stuff.

The woman that was interviewing us mentioned that in 2006 I would have a review hearing to make sure I still qualified for disability. I knew this would happen eventually.

Has anyone gone thru this review process.
What does it involve.
I don't know what I would do if they denied me a renewal on this.
I am wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

Pooh Bear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renewal for SS Disability

I believe the review interval is set when you are first approved. A younger person with a less serious condition would be put on a tighter review cycle than a person who is older or has a more obvious disability. I haven't seen it, but I think you will be asked for recent medical records or sent for an exam if there are none, and you will be asked to do another daily activities report.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here