SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mistopheles52

Anyone been diagnosed with CAD?

mistopheles52
15 years ago

Hello. In the spring of 2008, I noticed when walking that I would get a mild pain in my chest and weakness in my left arm. This past summer I went to my doctor and he said it sounded like I was experiencing angina and scheduled an appointment to see a cardiologist. The cardiologist scheduled me for the treadmill, an EKG, and also have bloodwork done for my thyroid. Turned out I do have angina and an underactive thyroid. Since that time have been to have angioplasty done and they have discovered two small arteries in my heart are blocked but didn't feel the need for me to have a stent. I am now on Lipitor for cholesterol, Ramipril for blood pressure and Synthroid for my thyroid. It is now going on five months since I started taking these medications but I am finding that my chest is still getting some pain and am still experiencing angina and I 'windout' easily. You'd think after taking these meds that some relief would be there but in all honesty, I don't see much. I have spoken to the doctor about this and he says there is nothing else to do. I am thinking of getting a second opinion on this as I am only 55 and am finding this is restricting me. I can't go for a walk at normal pace and walk slowly just to compensate for the pain which I know will happen. I've also noticed that breathing is difficult in cold weather. Has anyone been through this before?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations