Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural remedies for sleep.

Posted by Hanma (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 8:02

Hello there!

This is on behalf of my mother. She is a bit of a light sleeper. There is a period of time between when she closes her eyes and actually goes to sleep, which is usually long and/or bothersome.

You see, when she is sleeping, she has to sleep - once disturbed she cannot go back to sleep unlike most people, and she would have to keep awake for 4-5 hours before she feels the sleep coming back.

So what I am asking for is something I can make at home (most preferably natural and organic, like tea for example) that will help her ease into sleep in 5-15 minutes after taking the said remedy.

I hope I am being clear here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural remedies for sleep.

I'd suggest Traditional Medicinals "Nighty Night", or Celestial Seasonings "Sleepy time" tea along with half of a 3 mg melatonin tab. Most pharmacies sell pill cutters.

Other tips:

No caffeinated beverages after 5 p.m..

They say that protein gives you energy (keeps you up) and carbs calm you down. Does she like pasta? Perhaps the last meal of the day could include spaghetti (or something along that line) or even a bowl of cereal.

Milk/ice cream have Tryptophan. Same with turkey.

Links that might be useful:

www.melatoninsideeffects.org/determining-the-safe-melatonin-dosage/

www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/natural-good-sleep-tips-on-melatonin-valerian

www.askdrsears.com/topics/family-nutrition/foods-sleep/foods-help-you-sleep

o

A few years ago my lack of sleep was a real problem, till I started using a technique called "EFT" "Emotional Freedom Technique" All natural, no side effects, can be done while still in your pajamas,very easy to learn from the internet. Removes depression, and even physical pain. :) Arum

o

Sorry I am late, but thanks guys! I will relay this message to her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here