SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Eye disturbance 'migraines'

Rudebekia
17 years ago

I noted the thread below on abdominal migraines. Does anyone get "eye migraines"? I am 50 years old in excellent health. I have had migraine headaches on occasion throughout my life, nearly always associated with my period, what I've eaten, and weather changes--that is, pretty predictable when they come. For the first time, however, I am getting what my doctor called eye migraines. These are flashings/eye disturbances that last only about 15-20 minutes and have no head or stomach pain associated with them. The very weird thing is that I've now had my first three almost exactly one month apart. I made a note of the days: Nov. 14, Dec. 15, Jan. 13. I haven't had any in between these days. They are not associated with my period which occurs about a week or two before the eye migraines. I am not menopausal yet but wonder if they signal it coming, or what else might be going on here. Has any one experienced these? BTW, I go to my eye doctor regularly and it is not, I'm told, associated with any eye issues.

Comments (4)

Sponsored