Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ulcers

Posted by enjoyingspring (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 7:22

Does anyone here suffer from ulcers.

If so, could you tell me what your symptoms are and what you are doing about it.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ulcers

well first, you get tested for Helicobacter pylori bacteria, the most common cause of peptic ulcers. IF that is positive, you are treated with antibiotics. What you don't do is to take acid suppressors for months on end. They should be for short term use only. My doctor thinks it was the constant use of Pepcid AC and the like that resulted in my having osteoporosis. What finally helped me was just to eat more sensibly and cut out what were the obvious stressors like tomato paste and cheese. I also try to elevate my head when I sleep, and I don't eat anything after dinner. That has pretty much cleared things up after years of suffering. I had acid reflux and since that caused the esophageal cancer that killed the previous owner of my house, I was really motivated to straighten up.

o

I forgot to add that drinking aloe vera juice was very helpful as well

o

I started taking antibiotics today for my ulcer. Hope that will get rid of it. I have been suffering off and on for years with this but never did anything about it.

o

Try caffeine free Diet Coke. No other brand seems to work for me ~ even the caffeinated Diet Coke does not work.

I have had the testing and taken the antibiotics and the acid-reducers. I used apple cider vinegar for the longest time.

Nothing works for me as well as the caffeine free Diet Coke.

I stumbled onto the diet Coke thing. I never drank any kind of pop. I don't think it is good for us, and I wish there were something else I could find that works as well. But nothing ~ not the acid-reducers (which eventually stop working), not the vinegar (which actually worked pretty well for me) works as well as Diet Coke.

A doctor told me once that the Coke might be replacing stomach acids, just as the vinegar had.

Or it might be the carbon dioxide in the bubbles.

Wishing well.

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here