Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re- Hemorrhoids

Posted by deb_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 1:51

Bird-lover, you mentioned you keep a water bottle on your desk. I got my hemorrhoid the day my daughter was born and it only bothers me a few times a year. You need to put a nice soft pillow on you desk chair if you sit there often. I noticed mine would flare up from sitting on the hard desk chair. Also try to never get constipated or real loose bowel movements, both will irritate the hemorrhoid. I keep a prescription of cortizone suppositories on hand because I never know when it will act up, even carry one in my purse in case I need it when I'm out. Hope this helps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re- Hemorrhoids

A doctor told my husband how to prevent hemorrhoids, he ignored the information and eventually had to have surgery.

I have a slight problem,and used the instructions the doctor game my husband: Use a box of 12 suppositories following the directions on the box. After they have shrunk a bit I take these precautions. Do not wipe with a lot of pressure because it pulls the muscles out. Clean yourself carefully then follow up with a wet wipe. I buy unscented toddler type wipes because of their thickness and size and dispose of it in the plastic bag the newspaper comes in. He also suggested using Vaseline when you notice a problem.

Mine have not been bad enough to use a pillow, prevention is the best thing. While you are trying to get rid of the problem take warm baths, soaking until the water cools helps a lot.

o

I am using Rx cortisone suppositories & it helps but they are expensive, as well as 'Balneo'l cleansing creme (rather expensive also... but not a Rx!).

o

I used to have constipation - years ago. I was never "normal" - then I started having steel cut oats every morning religiously - I have been "normal" everyday and it has made a world of a difference for me.

Not sure if this would work for everyone, but it sure does work for me.

Carrie

o

Try eating 3 prunes a day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here