SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Wide space between first and second toes

jenn
19 years ago

My nephew is 4 years old. On the day he was born, I noticed a gap between his first and second toes. Maybe it's completely normal but I noticed it. Today I was reading about a congenital abnormality that includes a wide gap between the first and second toes. A picture showed a much wider gap than my nephew's. I did a Google search on "sandle gap" and it seems to be a symptom of a variety of abnormalities.

My nephew seems healthy and normal in every way. He is learning and developing at a normal rate (or better) and shows no signs of any problems. He's very physically agile, loves books, and everything else good in a child his age. He does have one foot that is slightly turned in and causes him to trip sometimes when barefoot but he wears an orthotic in his shoe to correct that. Otherwise, no other problems. Even so, my worrying mind has me wondering about that gap between his toes. (Dang this internet -- too much information!!) It's not very wide, just wider than the gap between the other toes.

Has anyone noticed a wide gap between these toes in healthy people? I've never noticed it before.

Jen

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm