Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Silverdove

Posted by FoxesEarth (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 04 at 23:27

I'm so sorry about your Mother. She died on the birthday of my son (11/23). Your birthday is the same as my mother's.

We'd like to hear about your mother, how special she was to you, or just about how you're feeling. Many of us here have lost parents.

Nell

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Silverdove

Thank you for asking about my mother.

My mother was born in 1914. She had been a teacher in a one-room school before she married my father in 1937. My father died fifty years ago, and my mother never even looked at another man. She raised four daughters by herself--with no help from anyone. She went to work in a factory, earning 95 cents and hour, and took evening classes to reactivate her teaching certificate and obtain a degree.

She loved to read, and until shortly before her death, she continued to read several books every week.

She was always fiercely independent until severe arthritis and congestive heart failure took her mobility. She had been in a nursing home since February, but was still alert. We celebrated her ninetieth birthday in October with family and friends.

At the end, she was asking for my father. I like to believe he was waiting for her, and they are together now.

o
RE: For Silverdove

Your mother had quite a full life. What a dedicated, hard-worker she was. I'm sorry you've lost her. You must have many wonderful memories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here