Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just want my Brother home for xmas

Posted by littlelizzy (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 8, 09 at 20:14

two months ago my older brother died, he was 42. His death was due to smoke inhalation. His was 99% brain dead also due to hypoxic brain damage. (stopped breathing for too long in the fire and his brain was starved of oxygen). He was sick for nearly three weeks and I got to see him alot.. but although I was told he would die.. I didnt believe it, I still expect him to walk into our house and call me to make the coffee. Im the youngest in my early twentys and my brother was my best friend as well as my hero, we got on so so well and I love him to pieces. I cant see away out of this at all. I want to be with my brother so badly I hate getting up and facing each day, only for I have my mum I would have done away with myself.. selfish I know and a waste etc etc but I miss him so much, life without him seems scary. people bully me now. I dont have my best friend and my brother to protect me :( im not even sure which to miss first... iv lost my num1 person. I hate the thoughts of xmas all i want is my brother back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just want my Brother home for xmas

Little Lizzy, I am so sorry for your loss. I understand exactly what you are going through and wish I could give you a hug to help you through this but since I am not there where you are to do this I will say I am here whenever you need me. I lost my oldest brother in Sept 2005. Him and I were very close and I missed him so much, I cried every day. Now I am grieving the loss of my baby girl who died on Nov 15th, 2009. She was 21. It is a hard process and ever day I find myself dreading the next but I have to move on because in no way would she want me to feel like I am. She was vibrant and strong and SHE is the one who pulls me together each and every day that goes by. If you ever need me I am here for you and we can help each other. Again I am sorry for what you are going through but like I have been told by many, time will eventually heal this dreadful pain in which we endure. This site has also helped me. Huggs to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here