Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recyling Flowers

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 8, 04 at 20:13

For those of you who have been caring for graves for a while now, do you ever use flowers over again? My attic looks like I own a florist shop. When I take flowers from the grave when the season changes, if they don't look badly, sometimes I use them again. Of course, another reason that I haven't wanted to throw them away is because they were next to Chris or Mom for weeks or months. Another one of those "grief things". :-(

Lu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recyling Flowers

Sometimes they're usable if the foil and ribbons are replaced. The pots that have cement or plaster and a square of styrofoam are certainly reusable with new flowers from a discount store.

It's certainly understandable that you want to keep them. I'm trying not to be sentimental about fake flowers. but I did keep some nice 'silk' roses to maybe use again. My sister went daily for years in the summers to water real geraniums on her husband's grave, three miles away.
Nell

o

Funny you would bring this up, Lulie. My husband is the grave tender of the two of us. He buys the grave blanket, replaces the whirligig, changes the flowers, puts up Brian's little Christmas tree.

I have a collection of things in the trunk of my car--faded flowers, ornaments that broke or came off the tree, birds and flower sprays from the blankets. I can't bring myself to throw them out. I guess he can't either.

o

I've never done the artificial flowers. In summer, I have done cut flowers from the yard. I did try a pot of pansies one winter. Altho they do well on my porch each winter, the small pot at the cemetery froze, for some reason. Sadder than none at all. Derry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here