Knowing that some day soon

Ill catch a glimpse of your four little paws
Prancing along to jump in my arms
Again

I wrote this in 2000 and it was in the Bridge site for a while

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If I go to the Bridge before you,

Thanks for sharing. It's comforting to know that even our pets will be with us again some day.
Some say that animals don't have spirits and don't go to heaven, but I don't believe that.
Lu

o

I sometimes think animals feel things we know nothing about. Our dog now sleeps every night in the room where my GS died. It's his choice, he could sleep anywhere in the house. He never did this before. It's a comfort to know GS has someone with him at night.

o

We had to put our sweet Abbey down tonight. She was the most wonderful dog. An absolutly beautiful spirit. I hope to be able to write her story, but not yet it's too hard. We LOVED her SOOOOOO much. Our Abbey Girl. Go play honey, I'll see you again someday...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

I am so sorry for your loss of Abbey, we lost our beloved little dog in Aug. I told Oliver to lend a paw to Abbey in prayer, he was so so loving I know he will help Abbey

o

Abbey was a beautiful dog. I'm sure she was also joined by Huey and many other loyal friends.

o

That is a wonderful poem, Minnie. Thx for sharing.

So sorry about your dear Abbey, danihoney.

o

Thank you all so much for your kind words. She was beautiful, we miss her a lot, but don't have any doubts about our decision to have her put to "sleep". Even better, we have no doubts about how she lived and how she was loved.

Danielle

o

Minnie ~ that's a beautiful poem.
abiroo and Danielle, my heart is breaking for you. Losing your furbabies is like losing a part of yourself.
It was one year ago this month that we returned our beloved Teddy to our maker and 6 months for Bear. The pain is still there, but some happier memories are mingling with the sadness now.
Rest in peace dear Oliver and Abbey.

June ~ did you ever post about your grandson? If you did, I somehow missed it. Many heartfelt hugs to you for the tremendous loss of your precious grandson.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here