Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas 2008

Posted by dukerdawg (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 13:51

I hope everyone has a nice holiday season. Remember the good times with our loved ones who have passed to the other side. Treasure the memories of past years and enjoy the people still here on earth. Remember, these are the memories of tomorrow. None of us are getting out of this alive! Treat everyone as if this is your last day on earth. It could be. Nothing is guaranteed. My mom is in my heart and I thank her for turning me into the person I am today. I'm not perfect, but I try to be a good person and when I leave this world I hope to if not make it better, at least do no harm!

For some reason I feel my mom is with me right now in such a strong way it is so reassuring. I love my mama and always will.

Duane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas 2008

Hang in there dukerdawg. You will get thru this. You can't hurry up the mourning process. You are headed in the right direction. You are right, one day we, too, will be a memory to our Loved Ones.

My family has dwindled down to hardy no one. I remember when it was so large. I don't know how my parents did it with so many relatives coming and going on the Holidays. I never thought those days would end.

Now that I have my own family, I realize how my parents sacrificed so much time, energy and money to make the Holidays so nice. It is expensive to feed all those people. They did it with a Loving Smile. I will always apreciate the memory of so much generosity. Not everyone does the same.

So, here we are. I feel like an abandoned child at times. We are all moving up at the table and it is our turn to leave behind for our families the legacy of Joy, Peace and Love thru our efforts.

Much Peace to you Duker and many Blessings for the Beginning of Joyous times in your future.

o
RE: Christmas 2008

I couldn't have said it better Duane! This will be my 4th Christmas without my mother. I have to say, that it is easier this year for some reason. I don't know why because there are times when the grief still comes full force...like on any ordinary, regular day...and I expected to feel so sad now because it's Christmas and this was always my mother's favorite holiday. However, this year I am content with life and feel that she is present here with me more than ever.
Hope you have a Happy Holiday!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here