SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louweze_gw

I guess I just want to write about my husband

louweze
16 years ago

hello,

I guess I just want to talk about my husband. He died of a massive heart attack on Dec.1. He was returning from a hunting trip something he dearly love to do. He was in a pickup truck with his hunting buddies just talking about their hunt and he just collapsed in the truck. His friends were pounding on the door and window to get my attention and said call 911 there's something the matter with Mo (his nickname). So I grabbed the phone and went out the the driveway and I could not get the phone to work. So I told his buddies to call on the phone in the barn because I need to give him mouth to mouth and cpr. Finally 911 answered and we got him out to the ground to keep giving him cpr. I tried and tried but I just could not save him. The emt's finally arrived but it was to late. They were trying to get me away and I just finally told them I had to go back in the house and go the bathroom. I called my daughter and told her were they were talking her dad. I drove myself to the hospital but I knew as soon as I got there that he was gone, I new he was gone at home. Of course this was late at night and it was difficult to get a hold of everyone. I had to have the police go to my husband's brothers house and tell him. I knew he would know everyones phone numbers. I could not get a hold of my son but finally my husbands brother went to his house and told him to call me. This was just the beginning of the nightmare. After the funeral I contacted an intestinal virus and I haven't been able to get any business done. I haven't been able to eat or drink anything until today. I'm forcing myselt to eat so I can get strong because I'm so weak now. I've been reading this forum and have seen the advise and cried over some of the other stories. I guess I just wanted people to know that life is short and things can change with a blink. My Mo was always thinking of others he helped farmers, truckers, and others with tires as he was a tire man for years. There we so many people who came to me with stories of his kindness. He was only 54 and he leaves me his kids and grandkids the lights of his life.

Thanks so much for letting me tell my story

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County