SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bloodhoundmomma

my beloved grandfather is gone, what do i do now

bloodhoundmomma
14 years ago

My grandfather passed away in March of this year, my grandmother then came to stay with us, she is a double amputee who has diabetes and dementia. My grandfather was more like my dad and my best friend, he raised me right by his side, he was loved by many people. He was in the national guard and about 3 weeks before he passed he was given the warrant officer award at the guard, that was one of his proudest moments. He had been in the hospital with an infection in his feet, which eventually lead to sepsis and pneumonia, I was there as they took out his breathing tube, and as soon as they did he took one last breath and passed away right then. I have never been so devastated in my life. We live right behind his house and everytime I ride by I expect to see the light on, but it is never on. The light in my heart feels as if it has gone out too. I have 2 small children, and my son cries all the time, he was very close to him too. My grandmother is doing ok, she requires 24 hour attention so it keeps me busy, but when I am alone, all I can do is cry, I am on antidepressants but they don't help, what do I do now??????

Comments (7)

Sponsored