SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Inheritance...change in plans of parents, do you tell?

Vickey__MN
19 years ago

Okay my mom passed away in May, so holidays are going to be hard enough. Years ago Mom promised my niece (Meg) she'd get a certain doll when Mom died (Doll is a collector doll). Well a few years ago there was a falling out, niece was mouthy and rude (not necessarily uncalled for, but could have handled situation better). My sister has been mentioning that her DD gets the doll, remember Dad Mom promised DD doll, etc. Dad didn't say anything, but I found out Saturday when dividing up some belongings that after the above mentinoed falling out Mom said to Dad (not to my niece), that there was no way she wanted Meg to have that doll anymore. There is enough tension with sister anyway (long story short, she won't change plans to spend time with Dad), and I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I also think it's unfair that she doesn't know that Meg isn't getting this special doll.

Do you think I should tell my sis so she can bring it up to Meg, or since it's really none of my business let things go, it is up to Dad anyway. But then what do I say when Dad passes away and Meg doesn't get the doll..yes I knew years ago but felt it wasn't my place to say anything?

Okay to add more confusion, there is a good chance my olders daughter could get the doll, she is the first grandchild, and was Mom's favorite.

Vickey-MN

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH