Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please pray for my friend

Posted by terrizx (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 16, 04 at 11:22

i am asking for prayer for my friend of about 35 years who just found out she has terminal lung and brain cancer....she has had a very tough life and this seems to be the final blow....maybe if we all pray for her a miracle will happen...she is very synical about life and we have never discussed our beliefs but i feel as if now is the timefor me to share mine with her and let her know how faith can help get one thru terrible times....thank you all for listening....this is such a hard time for me also since tomorrow will mark 3 years since i lost my daughter so if you could say a little prayer for my family i would be grateful..God bless

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please pray for my friend

My prayer is for your friend to find comfort and peace.
My prayer for you is for strength in the coming days.
Tomorrow is a hard day, supporting your friend is hard as well.
I trust the right words will come to you to give her hope.

Nell

o

Terri, I am real sorry about your dear friend. this is devastating news and i suspect she will depend on someone like you for her strength. i know she also has a daughter and new grandson. we can never explain why things like this happen, but you have been a good friend to her. we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

also, i know today is a tough one for you. losing jamie 3 years ago is on all our minds today. you have not been in the forum recently but i actually posted last week about jamie - sorry about that. she has been heavy on my mind.

my thoughts and prayers are with you. your brother will be there tomorrow - hope he can help thru this difficult time.

much love sent your way. between all this and dad facing surgery and your DH having problems as well.....you are a pilar of strength.
deb

o

Thinking of you, Terri. Derry

o

Terri, I'm just now getting this. I hope your day hasn't been too terribly bad. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and also your friend. I'm so sorry. Maybe you can make a very positive difference in the life she has left.
Lu

o

" i feel as if now is the time for me to share mine with her and let her know how faith can help get one thru terrible times"

RESIST THIS TEMPTATION ... a friend of mine refers to it as "vulture Christianity". Be there, support her, but respect her beliefs (and her not believing as you do is still a firmly held belief).

o

I am so sorry about your friend, Terrizx. My son is in a similar position, he is 30 and it is such a hard thing to deal with. We have to follow his lead as far as what he wants to talk about and how he wants to handle this part of his life. Just let your friend know that you are there at any time of the day or night if she wants to talk.
I am sorry about the loss of your daughter. I imagine that sometimes the grief is just as raw as it was three years ago.Elspeth

o

Terri I'm adding my prayers for your friend and you.
Try to help your friend make the most of each day so when her time does come she has no regrets - good advice for us all actually.
HUGS
Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here