Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new here and grieving

Posted by ninapearl (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 07 at 11:13

i have been going to other gardenweb forums but i had no idea this forum existed until a friend told me.

i recently lost my soul mate to kidney cancer. we had been together for 11 years. the hurt is unspeakable. i do not know how i will go on without him.

when i have more time, i will come back here and read and read and read. as much as i hate to see others in my situation, i know it will help me to come here.

nina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new here and grieving

I think you're right, Nina......it will help you to come here. As for going on without him, I can tell you that he is still with you, in another form. Try to live each day the way he wants you to. And grieve in whatever way helps you. I cried a lot and talked a lot, but everyone is different.

Hugs to you,

Susan

o

Nina, I have empathy for you - my Dear Husband died in April of this year, with pancreatic cancer. We are here for you if we can help in any way - just email any one of us if you want to talk.

o

susan, kay...i'm so very sorry for your losses. it does help to know others care. thank you.

o

Nina, this is the place to come. I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.

o

thank you, lulie. i went to the city today to visit briefly with gary's oncologist. we had ordered a lovely print for him, intended for a Christmas gift. it ended up being my thank-you to him for his care and compassion. it was a picture that gary picked out and he was so touched to receive it.

o

Look around for support groups and grief counseling and find one that you feel comfortable with. Most churches, YWCA, YMCA, hospital social services and even your Dr can help. Don't be afraid to change groups, don't share everything the first time, don't ask strangers into you home, no matter how "nice" they seem, don't share financial informaion--just a nice I am doing ok, and don't share addresses and phone numbers. I am sending hugs to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here