Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Husband Died November 6, 2008

Posted by millburn_nj_po_mom (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 9:12

I am having a very hard time dealing with his death. We would have been married 32 years this coming December 18th.

I would like to know how anyone deals with the grief when they have to go back to work. I am having alot of breakdowns of crying at work. I don't know how I am going to get through this.

Sheryl - NJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Husband Died November 6, 2008

I am sorry for your loss. Loosing a loved one is very hard and having to go on with trying to be normal is rough. It's normal to have break downs. I went through it when my grand mother past away. I'd just start crying and could not stop till I got it out.
Only time will help heal the pain. If you have someone you can talk to helps a lot.

o

There are many support groups avaiable. Check the papers, your local YWCA/YMCA, hospital social services, churches, libraries, the doctors, etc. It will be at least a year or the ache to get less, and with each holiday it will be hard. It depends on how you celebrated the days. Start a journal, write a bit each day, good thought, bad ones, a liitle , a lot.

o

Dear Millburn,
I am so sorry for your loss; I lost my husband 2 years ago in November, we were married 37 loving years. I went back to work after 3 weeks and it was hard, I cried but my colleages understood and were very patient with me. It does get easier, a friend told me that it doesn't go away but it gets "different" and that is exactly how I would describe it. I still cry but not as often. I think about him every minute of the day but the pain is less. Every once in a while I get a sudden panic in my stomach like it has just hit me that he is gone, it only lasts seconds but it hurts. People will tell you to get counceling which I agree with 100 percent it will help, they also say to get involved in things to keep you busy. I joined a senior citizen's group (I'm 65 now) and I joined a ladies group and we have a lot of fun but it still hurts to come home and be alone. A person on this forum said "we now belong to a club we never wanted to join" and that's exactly how I feel but we have to go on because our loved ones would want us too (Wouldn't you want him to? I know I would.) Do your best, it will take time but you will feel better eventually.
Look after yourself for him. Please accept this big hug ((((( ))))) from me.

o

I don't know. I wish I did. I wish you love and healing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here