Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DarrylsMom...question

Posted by Bowdoin514 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 29, 05 at 8:48

Hi,
Was wondering if you knew the author of the framed quote your sister gave you. It read, "Sometimes when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated." I liked it so much, I was wondering who wrote it. Would be proper for me most days.
One of my favorites (heard it on Oprah years ago) is, "There are no such things as coincidences...only miracles where God wishes to remain anonymous."
Thanks.
Emma in PA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DarrylsMom...question

Hi there thanks for reading my message. This came from a little calendar which almost like a book that had different quotes everyday. My sister though of my son when she read it so she cut it out and put it in a little frame, at the bottom of it it says Lamartine don't know if it's the author must look it up so that's all I have. Take care and Happy New Year hope it's better then the last. Darlene

o
RE: DarrylsMom...question

Bowdoin, try this site:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/alphonse_de_lamartine.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here