SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ejp773

He hasn't left yet but he will be going

EJP773
19 years ago

I found my way here last year when my sister died and have found some comfort just reading posts. Thank you.

Now I have to accept the fact that my beautiful 30yr old son is dying. He has cancer which has metastasised to his brain, lymph system, adrenals, lungs, liver and just about anywhere it can be. He had a melanoma removed five and a half years ago but it returned and caused seizures in September and tests in the last few weeks have shown that it is spreading rapidly.

He doesn't want to talk about it and I have to accept and respect the way he wants to deal with it, but my heart is breaking for him. He has a lovely wife, a seven year old son and a 17 year old step-daughter. We live about 50minutes away from them and I will see him this weekend.

I want so badly to be with him every minute of every day but I know that his little family need to be together as much as possible just now and they want to try and make Christmas as normal as possible for the little fellow. I guess that is what we are all aiming for as a family. He doesn't admit to much pain and is to start radiation next week.

Have any of you been in this position of watching your child die and the feeling of total helplessness? We are beyond pretending that he can beat this, even the doctor has written to his insurance company saying that the likelihood of a cure is negligible.

So many of you have shown that life does go on eventually, never the same and never the way we want it but it does go on. I guess I just needed to write this down and talk to people who understand. Elspeth

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus