Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving, A Time of Sadness

Posted by FoxesEarth (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 04 at 22:25

Forty one years ago today, Nov. 22, our beloved President Kennedy was assassinated. Many of us can remember what we were doing when we heard the news. The nation was stunned. We watched as his little son saluted as the caission bore the body away. The lovely wife and handsome son are dead now too as are the President's mother and brother. I'm always reminded of what Rose Kennedy said about time, and forming scars.

Tomorrow is my son's birthday. We miss him so.

I'm thankful for all of you.

Nell

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving, A Time of Sadness

Nell, I know you miss your dear son terribly. I hope tomorrow is a day of peace for you as you remember other birthdays and his life. Take care.

o

Ah, Nell, birthdays are hard. Still, his birth was a wonderful thing, as were the years you had with him.

Sending a hug your way,

Susan

o

A funny note about his birth. On the 22nd, I was at the OB and a lady asked me when my baby was due? "Two weeks ago."
"Oh," she said, "I wouldn't want my baby to be born today. This is the anniversary of President Kennedy's death." At that time, it didn't really matter to me what had happened on that date, I was READY. Not my first child; I slept through most of the labor and he arrived the next morning.

o

It was Thanksgiving Eve last year when I got the call from my sister that Dad had a heart attack. He had bypass surgery early Thanksgiving morning. That was the start of the chain of events that led to his death on December 13. I can't believe a year has passed.

I know that the holidays are a tough time. I just want to wish everyone a blessed Thanksgiving. Even in the depths of our grief, we must focus on anything that we have to be thankful for, lest the darkness consume us.

o

Nell, I've been out of town and just now seeing this. I hope that your day was not too hard. I have found from experience that our dread of special days has been a lot worse than the actual day itself.
Lu

o

Thinking of you,Nell. I know it is a hard time.(((Nell))) Derry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here