Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Diana....d. July 25, 04

Posted by kimlynette (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 04 at 20:08

I lost my beloved only daughter, Diana, 25, on July 25th. She was my oldest of 6. She was mortally injured in a surgical accident on April 5th. She had one gall stone and had gall bladder surgery and the surgeon cut a whole in her liver. She was 16 wks pregnant at the time. She suffered terribly for 4 months, bravely living to give birth to her baby girl, Julia Belle Brookins on July 17th. She got to be with her baby for one week. They had released her home for the first time in a long time 48 hrs before she died. I walked into her room to bring her a beautiful picture of her and her baby and found her gone to be with the Lord. I was out of my mind. And now, yesterday, I have word, that her 15 yr old brother, Daniel, ran away from his boarding school and is lost in the Ochoco mountains of Central Oregon. It is winter there now and I am out of my mind. We are adopting Diana's baby. I have a good husband, but I am not sure I can go on anymore. We have had not word of my son since Saturday morning at 8am. It is in the teens here and may snow. I feel as though I will collapse. My daughter was the dearest thing to me on earth and I miss her so much. I can not bear to think of losing another precious child.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Diana....d. July 25, 04

Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you with all the sadness and worry you are experiencing. It is a heavy load.

Thank God you still have your dear grandchild. Your daughter has left you something of herself to be cherished.

I pray your son is found well.

Please stay in touch.

o

We've talked here before about how we go on. We go on one hour, one day, one step at a time. So much to do, so many to care for, your burden is incredible. You've done so much for them and for yourself. Everyone who sees your post will certainly want to keep you and yours on their hearts and in their prayers.

Nell

o

Just hoping that keeping you in our thoughts and prayers will give you some comfort and strength in missing your precious daughter Diana, in raising Julia, and in hopes of bringing Daniel home safely to your arms. This sounds like the "ultimate" test of keeping it all together. Not so sure I'd be able to handle all that, but just hoping that things will turn out well for you. Hugs, and keep us posted, please.
Emma in PA

o

I have word that my son Daniel has been seen Sunday in our home towm, Hillsboro, Oregon, but he has not contacted us. The last 3 days were terrible as his situation tumbles into my grief over my Diana. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We need prayer on what to do once we get Daniel back home. Thank you again.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hold that sweet baby tightly and give her kisses... and hold on. Just hold on.

o

Daniel's the middle child, right? My mother held a special place in her heart for the middle children, as she was one. He's had a loss, too, at an age when it's hard to 'be a man' and too late to 'act a child.'

I've thought of your situation often in the past two days. He's hurting, you're hurting; there are no pat answers.

Nell

o

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Diana. I know it is so hard. Christin was also my only daughter and I would give anything to have a part of her still with me. You are blessed to have little Julia. Yes, you have to go on one minute, hour and day at a time. It is not easy. I would have never thought that I would have survived this life for 6 1/2 years since Christin has been gone. You just do. You don't have much choice.
I hope that by now, Daniel is back home. I will pray for the best for his situation and also pray for your strength to carry on with what you need to do in your life with Julia and the rest of your children.
Let us know, please. We really do care!
Lu

o

I am so sorry...you must be completely devastated, but you are hanging on to care for your grandchild. May God be with you and I will think of you and Daniel in my prayers.

deb

o

I received an email from Kimlynette - they have found her son Daniel. She sends many thanks for everyones prayers and wishes. She says they have a lot of work and thinking and praying to do.

We continue to send our prayers for your family.

deb

o

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

o

Hope things work out for her and her family. Sometimes it sure seems as though people have more than they can bear.

o

Thank you all for your prayers. We have Daniel home now for more than a week and we will see if we can make it work with him not at a boarding school (he was there because of some problems he was having ie pot, disobedience etc etc). He will start local school next week. Today was a very hard one for me as I got my Diana's autopsy report. It was difficult to read and to understand. Thank you again for your caring and concern. God bless, Kim

o

Kim, perhaps the coroner or someone in a similar capacity would be willing to sit down with you and go over the autopsy report. I remember how excruciatingly painful it was for me to read my mother's (she died when I was a child, but I ordered a copy of the report when I was in my thirties), so when Jill's came in I made an appointment with our local coroner (whom I'd known slightly for years) to go over it with me. He answered all my questions.

Best of luck to you with Daniel. I imagine he's hugely relieved to be home.

Susan

o

Kim,
This is kinda late, but glad your son is home. I hope things are working out with him, and keep us posted. Reading Diana's autopsy report must have been very difficult. I think the idea of having someone go over the report with you would be a good one, and it may make things clearer for you. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers during this time. Hugs.
Emma in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here