Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with grieving husband..with anger issues

Posted by mishy-mish (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 28, 08 at 18:47

HI.. My husband lost his grandmother the day before thanksgiving. This was their special holiday together. This woman was a beautiful lady inside and out. She is my husbands mother more then his biological could ever be. So I understand his pain having gone through my own loss last month. But now my husband has turned into this ball of anger and hate towards me. He is not physical but he is emotionally damaging to me and our young boys. I don't know how to handle this I don't know what to do. We talk about it and we cry together. But then there are times that are just not exceptable. If there is anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with grieving husband..with anger issues

Anger is a natural part of the grieving process, and unfortunately your husband has chosen you to be angry at. It's just not fair to you and especially not fair to your sons.

I'm glad you have talked about it, but he needs to go to a grief counselor. Call your church, mortuary, or hospital to get referrals.

I hope you can get him some help, and I'm sorry you are having such trouble. Best wishes.

Susan

o

You can call any local hospice and go to their grief and bereavement support groups. They are usually free and open to anyone, whether or not you used hospice.

o

The Hospice grief support group was an extremely helpful outlet for me when I lost my mother and grandmother 1 1/2 years ago. I sincerely hope your husband agrees to attend their meetings. If not, you and your sons would probably benefit from them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here