Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Welcom to Newcomers

Posted by FoxesEarth (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 6, 04 at 17:55

All too often someone new shows up here with a burden of grief.
If you feel like sharing your story, we'll be happy to listen.
Grief comes in many forms. Our members have experienced a range of losses.
We're here to give encouragement and reassurance that you're not alone.
Nell

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Welcom to Newcomers

Sweet (and true!) post, Nell. Glad you thought to post this. Thank you.

o

Nice greeting Nell! It's really too bad when someone has come along and is now a "member" of this group. But what a nice way to ease them into the road to healing. You were very right, when you said our grief comes in many forms. Thanks! :-)
Emma in PA

o

You know, a welcome like this should stay at the top of the screen, at least for a while. Responding to it moves the thread down into oblivion. That's what happened when I posted a similar one some time ago. Maybe you should try again, Nell? :-)

Susan

o

I posted for the 1st time about 10 days ago, even though I had been reading the messages and finding some comfort from them. Today has been really hard for me, as it was the final day for clearing out the flat my parents had lived in for 17 yrs. I was ok sorting out the things, and boxing them up, but to see the flat empty was really heart breaking. But its all done and sorted now and that was real worring in itself wondering if I would get it done in time. My parents were wonderful people, my mother even paid for her and my dads funeral in 2000 so I wouldn't have the burden of sorting it out. They both left this world not owing anybody a penny, which in this day and age doesn't happen very often... To my 2 beautiful parents I love you both so much and miss you terribily XXXXXXX

o

Bless your heart, Jan. You've had a hard week.

I posted another message that maybe will hang up there for a while. When it slides down, Susan, we'll make a new one. Thanks. Last night I wandered in here and thought of how much I thought your original message added to the forum's effectiveness.

I'm always encouraged by how many come with such a fresh, severe grief and soon they're able to comfort another.
It has to be part of the healing process, to share. It doesn't diminish our own grief, but it gives us reassurance.

Nell

o

Nell...you are the best! You always know just what to say. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here