Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Positive Huntington's Page

Posted by heatherdugdale (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 07 at 17:44

I am 24, am experiencing Huntingtons disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Positive Huntington's Page

bumb

o

heather, I read quite a bit of your page, & it's lovely.

I didn't respond here so as to not take the thread off the top, but since someone else did, I'd like to tell you that your page(s) is wonderful;

Many of us don't know much about Huntington's, & your messages are informative as well as touchingly personal.

I wish you the very best.

o

Heather,

I read a lot on your website.

I am totally in awe of your courage and openness. You amaze me.

Kate

o

Hi Heather,

I recently lost my mother on August 9th. after a lifelong battle with cancer. My mother developed melanoma cancer when she was 18 years old and survived over 25 operations. One on her face, which left her disfigured, one on her back to remove her spine and insert a 12 in. rod and many more and then she got it in her lung.

Sadly, the complications from treating her lung cancer is what took her life.

You are an inspiration! You have an attitude that closely resembles the attitude my mom had. Her attitude and the way she dealt with her disease is mostly what kept her around until she was 64 years old. She was my hero and I love and miss her very much.

She taught me to never loose faith, never give up hope and spend your time with people who really care about you and you them. Your mother must have been a courageous and beautiful woman to have born such a beautiful spirit as you.

I pray the very best comes your way and wish you the best of luck in this journey you are on!

Blessings,

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here