Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Understanding the life long impact of grief....

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 17:16

a widow friend posted this on FB

You made it through Thanksgiving. The day has come and gone. Whether it was easier than you expected, harder (or both), the day is over. Often the day after has an emotional release. Rest today where you can. Be gracious to yourself, and tender. This is not an easy road.

It's easy to believe that you don't have anything to be grateful for when you're in the midst of heart-breaking grief or struggle with life, however, I urge you to look closer. Find every tiny detail to be thankful for: electricity, a warm bed, good food, friends who care, on line communities, pets, living in a country you cherish, running water, flowers, frost, sunshine, etc. etc. Most of all, know that the love and essence of your beloved will ALWAYS be with you, ALWAYS be a part of your life and for that, you can be grateful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Understanding the life long impact of grief....

Thanks. I'm sending this to my 2 sisters. Love, Jan/Jannie

o

Hi Joann~~
I have not visited here recently because I have moved back "home" and building a house here, but tonight is another "anniversary"...so to speak. A year ago today, I took my DH to the hospital ER...and in 8 days, he went to be with his maker...so a tad bit lonely this evening, so
I thought I'd stop by and see how others are doing this holiday season.

That was a wonderful article you posted...and so much truth.

I hope you are doing well and enjoy a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with hope, happiness and good health.

Mary (Phoggie)

o

Hi Mary,
I seem to have lost your email.
I'm doing ok, Hope you are enjoying your new home. Keep in touch. Have a Merry Christmas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here