Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's been a year since I lost my husband and weird dreams also

Posted by millburn_nj_po_mom (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 14:06

I can't believe it has been a year (November 6th actually) that I lost my husband. The cloud hanging over me was beginning to rise and then I lost my mother on September 20th of this year (1 week before she would have turned 78). I'm doing ok so far with my mother being gone as she was not in the best of health and lived a full life). I do miss her terribly though.

I was reading the dreams people had of loved ones and thought I would post this one which was really weird.

One nite I dreamt that I heard my husband in the bedroom and I went in there and said to him what was todays date and he said November 4th and then I said to him omg you are going to die in 2 days.

I've had other weird dreams about him still being alive and hiding from me.

I don't know what to make of these dreams.

Sheryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's been a year since I lost my husband and weird dreams als

Do you have a suport group? Also meds will do this. Maybe staring a journal, writing down notes will help. I think this is a part of the healing/grief as memories seem to come and go, especially with the lost of your mom.

o
RE: It's been a year since I lost my husband and weird dreams als

I'm so sorry.

You've had one stunning blow right after another, & you must be reeling from it.

I don't for one minute believe that these are "real" dreams (ie, dreams in which it's really your husband communicating).

No way would he show up to torture you.

I think they're just dreams in which your inner self is expressing the dismaying sense of loss & helplessness (if you'd known on November 4th, what could you have done? nothing).

I'm with Marie:
find someone & talk & talk & talk.

Cry & holler & blubber if you want.

I'm holding you in my thoughts & in my heart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here