we often speak your name.
Now all we have are memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with which we'll never part.
God has you in his keepsake,
we have you in our hearts.
Author Unknown

It's six months today and it hasn't been easy. I believe it will never be and there will be an emptiness in our hearts always. Things that brought us joy well it doesn't anymore. It's how weird taste seems to go away,too. My husband and I loved going out to eat a lot and foods we liked don't seem to have the same juicy taste anymore....hmmmm???!!
Even my son says,"things aren't as fun like they used to be without daddy." It saddens my heart even more because my son(young children) shouldn't feel like that. They need to be happy and be children. I do my best for him but it seems not to be working if he feels like that. Anyways...life goes on because not everyone knows are sorrows. God Bless all of you for listening(reading my thoughts) and may life be easy for you to go on without your loved one.
I'll always miss you and love you, babe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Our Hearts

Our lives are definitely different after our loved ones die. We eventually learn to savor the positive things and focus on them throughout the rest of our lives.
It's natural for your children to feel that things aren't as much fun without daddy. It's not because you are failing them. Since they are also grieving they see themselves in a whole new world, as we all do. As time goes by, it will get easier for them, just as it will for you. It just takes time. I may start a new thread on my feelings of surrendering and acceptance.
Thanks for the beautiful poem.
Lu

o

That was a beautifull poem. I have tears in my eyes from it.
No things are never the same after losing a love one, I
miss my daughter Brenda so much. Its been a year now but
the pain is still with me. And I know it will never go away.
I lost a very precious part of my life.

o

I know what you mean about food not tasting the same, I thought it was just me. On Thanksgiving DD and SIL will be at our home for the first time since GS died in our home. I'm not sure how to handle it. I know how I felt coming into the house the first time. Do I meet them at the door or just let them come in alone? Should I be with them to face this or let them do it alone? The poem was right on. It surely expresses how I feel. Thanks you.

o

The poem is lovely. Thank you for sharing it. I went to the cemetery today. One of the grave markers had a simple message....Love Lives On... I liked that thought.

I wish everyone a meaningful Thanksgiving.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here