Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IANDS - International Assoc. of Near Death Experiences

Posted by Patrice607 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 05 at 12:55

Hi -

My husband had a heart attack three years ago. Thankfully, he survived. However,the 12 minutes without oxygen has taken its toll on him. He was in a coma for 3 days, Cardiac Intensive Care for 10 days, residential rehabilitation for three weeks and out-patient rehab for 4 months. He went through a period of restless searching until he found IANDS, the International Association of Near Death Experiences. They meet once a month and my husband plans his schedule around the meetings. Yesterday, I accompanied him for the first time. I have been anxious to go but wanted to wait until he was ready to share this part of his life with me. I was amazed by the lack of fear in the room as the people talked about their near-death experiences. Several people talked about their final crossing over as something they were actually looking forward to. There were also many people who had lost loved ones and were searching for answers about what happens after death.

Dr. Alan Botkin was the speaker yesterday. He is a noted psychologist and author who is using new methods to help people move through their grief. He also works with veterans and others who are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

I am offering this as a resource to anyone who is searching and is open to alternative methods. Whatever you decide, I encourage you to find some type of support group and other people who will walk with you in this most difficult journey.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IANDS - International Assoc. of Near Death Experiences

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I would love to attend a support group of this type. I am a devout Christian and believe in an afterlife, but always love to hear first hand confirmations. I wonder if there is such a support group in my area.
Lu

o

Lu -
It doesn't look like there's a group in your area but you might contact them to see about starting one. http://iands.org

I visited Christian's website. She was a beautiful young woman. I have a daughter about the same age and I can't imagine the pain you've suffered.

I am interested in ADC (after death contact) and always tell people to be very aware of their dreams.

God bless you!

o

Interesting, Patrice. A good resource to share.

Susan

o

One of the most interesting books that I read regarding ADC's was called, "Hello From Heaven". It's really easy reading and it explains the different types of communications that people sometimes have after their loved ones died.
One of the ones that I just didn't believe was someone having a telephone conversation with a loved one who had died. I thought that was absurd until someone in my Compassionate Friends group said that she got a call and she actually talked to the person. After this person reported it actually happening to her, I began to think that maybe it is not impossible. I always say that just because something hasn't happened to me, doesn't mean that it can't happen or doesn't exist. I try to keep an open mind.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here