Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not sure about thanksgiving

Posted by lostinoz22 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 11:52

My husband was killed on Nov. 13,2006. He was on his way to work on his motorcycle. He stopped at a red light and the guy behind him had fallen asleep and hit him at 60 mph-killing him. It was 3 days after his 29th birthday and I am only 25. We have two boys-one is 5 and the other will be 2 in Jan. My mother-in-law and I are fighting over his stuff. I am just not sure how to feel. My soulmate is gone. I have to be strong for my boys but I don't what to do. My heart is absolutly broken. Not sure what I have to be thankful for today-except my boys and me are still here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not sure about thanksgiving

Oh my goodness. You have had a tragedy, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Although there may not seem to be anything to be thankful for today, maybe you can remember that you were blessed to have your husband in your life for as long as he was with you. In a way he is still with you, through your sons.

I'm so sorry you are struggling with your mother-in-law. Remember that anger is a natural part of grieving, and whether she is right or wrong, maybe you can reach out to her in peace. Legally, I think most of his stuff is now your stuff; however, the important things for you are your children and keeping a safe and stable life for them. Avoid struggling over little things, if you are doing that. Try to keep the big picture in focus.

I know this is just a miserable day for you and your dear sons. Try to get out to a park, go for a walk, play a game with the kids, something to keep busy. But cry all you need to also.

Take care.

o

oh i just wanted to give you hugs, (((())) I am so sorry, and your pain is still so fragile, oh ((()))) I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

o

I am so very sorry for your loss. You must be hurting so much with it being so very recent. I hope you were able to get through the day and hug those sweet boys. Holidays make the days so much harder. I know that things will get sorted out. Everyone is hurting so much right now and I know your emotions are just raw. Take all the help and support available to you and just get through your days and love your boys. Remember that you were loved by a wonderful man. How amazing. Hugs and prayers are sent your way.

Joanie

o

Dear Heavenly Father,

Reach down and calm and comfort this family. Give them each courage and the comfort of the guidance of your Holy Spirit. Though their pain is so fresh, let them know that You are there to get them through. Grant them all the support they need at this time. In your Son's name, Amen.

o

lostinoz,
So very sorry for your loss. Your husband was so young, such a devastating blow for you. And for your children. Hold them close and love them.

It is too bad your MIL's grief is causing her to behave badly. She is feeling deep loss over her son. Maybe post-pone decisions about his things until some time has passed. Let her know she can perhaps have some of his possessions but that it is too early for you to decide right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here