Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Afraid

Posted by cindysweets (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 07 at 11:27

I posted my story on Oct. 26th.

With losing my mother at 6 years old and then losing my father and uncle so suddenly 10 months ago, I'm so afraid of who is next.

I have the most wonderful husband. I love him more than any words could possibly describe. We make each other laugh every day. Every moment I look at him, I just smile and appreciate him and feel so grateful to have him in my life. He has been amazing the last 10 months, sacrificing many of his shirts to my tears.

I truly feel we have the next 70+ years together, but after what I've been through, how can I not think off losing him? I couldn't bear it.

I've told my therapist all of this and I know I shouldn't focus on it, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone in having these thoughts.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Afraid

You're definitely not alone. I think most of us who have experienced loss—particularly loss in childhood—are acutely aware of the fragility of life and fear losing someone else. Or fear dying themselves.

I think it goes with the territory, and you're right—the key is not to focus on it. Of course, that's easier some days than others. But fear really is a destructive emotion, and it's worth your effort to try not to let it consume your thinking.

Susan

o
RE: Afraid

After losing my husband, at a very young age, to cancer in April, death is always on my mind - it's a horrible feeling of pending doom that I just can't get rid of. I try to focus on positive things, and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It is especially bad at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here