|I posted my story on Oct. 26th.
With losing my mother at 6 years old and then losing my father and uncle so suddenly 10 months ago, I'm so afraid of who is next.
I have the most wonderful husband. I love him more than any words could possibly describe. We make each other laugh every day. Every moment I look at him, I just smile and appreciate him and feel so grateful to have him in my life. He has been amazing the last 10 months, sacrificing many of his shirts to my tears.
I truly feel we have the next 70+ years together, but after what I've been through, how can I not think off losing him? I couldn't bear it.
I've told my therapist all of this and I know I shouldn't focus on it, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't alone in having these thoughts.
|You're definitely not alone. I think most of us who have experienced loss—particularly loss in childhood—are acutely aware of the fragility of life and fear losing someone else. Or fear dying themselves. |
I think it goes with the territory, and you're right—the key is not to focus on it. Of course, that's easier some days than others. But fear really is a destructive emotion, and it's worth your effort to try not to let it consume your thinking.
|After losing my husband, at a very young age, to cancer in April, death is always on my mind - it's a horrible feeling of pending doom that I just can't get rid of. I try to focus on positive things, and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It is especially bad at night.|
Return to the Grieving Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.