Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a VERY bad year for me

Posted by archimedes (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 07 at 2:54

It started out in April of this year with the sudden loss of my pet Moluccan cockatoo, Corky. When I awoke, I found him at the bottom of his cage. I rushed in and picked him up to find out what was wrong only to have him pass away in my arms. He was only 19 years old. At least twelve of those years were with me.

Then on July 3rd, my cousin who has been fighting cancer since being diagnosed in 2004, was told that there was no more the doctors could do for him and that he had only 6 to 8 months left. On October 3 his sister-in-law called to let us know that he had just passed away.

Thinking that things couldnt get any worse, my grandmother on Nov. 6th just five days before her 90th birthday, suffered what doctors call a silent stroke. They said there was little hope of her making it through that night.

She proved them wrong. By Thanksgiving she back walking short distances and her speech was almost back to normal. She had to, Thanksgiving everyone planed to be there this year. When we took pictures, someone realized that there were five generations in the picture.

Then on the evening of Nov. 25th, my cousin called and said that the paramedics were there working on grandma. He said that they had already used the paddles on her three times but were having a hard time getting her to respond and that he would call back when they were taking her to the hospital. A half hour latter he called back and said that she didnt make it. Her funeral is this Saturday, December 1. But what makes it harder for me is that my grandmother and I both share the same birthday.

Thanks for letting me post this. I didnt think it would help, but it has.

Archie.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a VERY bad year for me

You have had a rough time. Remember the good times and the good memories and take one day at a time. Tears are healing and memories are good.

o

Oh, I am sorry to hear of your losses - it is especially difficult when the holidays are upon us. My husband died last April, and I am really dreading the next few weeks - Christmas was one of his favorite holidays.

o

I am very sorry for your losses! What a tough year you've have had. They say time is the answer. I also lost my pet of 13 years. Ryley. He was my min poodle. Four months later I lost my Dad. Like I said they say time is the answer.
Please know that you are not alone.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here