SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
islandgirl_debbie

Tomorrow I must put my 14 year old Lab Bruiser down

islandgirl_debbie
16 years ago

This is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. My Lab has bad arthritis and his kidney's are going. I feel so horrible that there is nothing I can do to make things better. I have tried medication but it made him so sick to his stomach, I feel bad that I gave it to him thinking it would help him but it made him worse. He will barely eat and doesn't want any dog bones. He is an eating machine so I know him turning down a bone is not good. All he wants to do is stay by himself in his dog house, the dog house which he has hated all of his life, and would bark until I finally would bring him back in the house again. He can barely walk, and won't even look at me. I can't see him suffer although I can't imagine my life without him. He has licked away so many of my tears in the past 14 years, he was by my side during a very difficult divorce, I really don't think I would have got through it without him. He has been such a dedicated dog and stood by me for so long. Tomorrow I must make the call and have him put down. My heart is breaking, I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight. I don't even want to close my eyes because I know when I see the daylight it will mean the time has come. Please give me strength to put down my best friend.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES