Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A message of Hope

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 04 at 0:17

Hi. I've been lurking for a few days and want to say how much inspiration and friendship I feel from your posts.
My Father died five years ago (December 4th) of a sudden heart attack and although time does heal the holidays can still get rough, especially for my Mum.

Anyway I saw this beautiful candle message and just wanted to come out of hiding to share it with you all.

Sue :)

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 Candles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A message of Hope

Just beatiful. Thank you.

o

Thank you for the link, Sue. I hope the Holidays this year will be especially meaningful for your mother and you, and that taking the step to share this with us will help you in the healing process.

Nell

o

That is just beautiful! Thanks so much for posting it.

o

I'm so glad you liked it and that I could offer something of comfort. Your stories and strength really help especially at the holidays.

I'm so pleased that the garden web has a forum like this.
HUGS
Sue.

o

Sue, I am very sorry about your father - I am so glad you found us here. Please join in and share with us.

The candles were quite inspiring - just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I thought it was a pretty powerful message.

deb

o

Sue, I am also so sorry for the loss of your father. It is so hard to lose our parents who loved us unconditionally, always.
Thank you so very much for the candle link. I enjoyed it and I sent it to several people. It is beautiful and so very true.
Lu

o

Thank you. It's five years tomorrow since Dad's sudden departure and although I know he is still with me spiritually, phsyically it does still hurt - I was a real Daddy's little girl :)
Here's a link to his memorial page if you want a peek.

Here is a link that might be useful: Memorial to My Dad

o

I am sorry about your dad. I can't see the candles. Can you post a url instead of a direct link, please?
Thank you
Carol

o

Carol hope this is better. You should hear music too.

Memorial

o

Thank you for the link; it is beautiful. I've been feeling very hopeless and today is a rough day. It was September 4th when my wonderful husband died unexpectedly. Each month on the 4th I walk around with a dark cloud over my head and I have to wonder how long this goes on and is it normal to feel this way on the death date each month? I question if I'm doing this to myself - I think that my misery is the only thing that is familiar anymore. I've decided to try a few couseling sessions and see if that helps me any because I've had a couple of episodes lately that seem to be close to panic attacks. I still can't believe that my soul mate is gone and I miss him so much. I tried to do the "normal" Thanksgiving thing and shopping with my daughter the day after and that was all a foolish mistake. There's nothing normal going on here. I meant to put up the tree that weekend and I still haven't and may not. Part of me wants to drag everything out and decorate the house all over the way we have for the 19 Christmas holidays we shared. The other part of me wishes I could go to bed and sleep until next year. Any words of wisdom for me out there?

o

Thank you, Sue. That is beautiful.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here