Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost A Good Friend

Posted by secsteve (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 05 at 23:58

Our friend, Lisa, lost her battle with breast cancer after a 3 year battle yesterday. I'm still crying even while typing this. I'm relieved that she's no longer suffering, but am terribly grief stricken. She was only 40 and one the most genuine, caring people I've ever known. She house sat for us a number of times and the animals adored her. She gave nicknames to two of our animals, Miss Thang, and Mr. Mugs and give our Bubba his middle name, Leon.

Her mom called us and left a message on the machine on Friday and when I called back, put the phone up to Lisa's ear so she could hear me talk. She then came back on and said Lisa opened her eyes and gave a faint smile so Judy (mom) knew Lisa heard me.

I lost both my mother and mother-in-law 7 years ago 12 days apart and feel like my heart is being torn out again. I just feel like I'm losing everyone around me too early. I know it's normal to feel this way, but I still hate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost A Good Friend

How sad your loss is. I'm glad you got to say a few words to her before her passing. We all grieve over losing family members, but is is very rough to lose friends as well. They mean so much to us. Take care.

o

When I was 13, I lost my mother and my aunt(who lived with us) in the same year, just a couple of months apart. I lost my aunt to brain cancer and my mother to a brain aneurysm. It was a really hard and overwhelming time for me and I also felt that everyone around me was dying.
Now three years later I'm doing a lot better. It really helps just to talk to people about it. I'm sorry that you lost a good friend but everything happens for a reason and don't be afraid to let your grief out. Time really does heal, just not enough.

o

I'm so sorry that you have lost your good friend. Please hang in there.
Joanie

o

I am so sorry, she was so young. I am really glad you got to talk to her. Take care of yourself.

o

I'm sorry for your loss...you all were lucky to have such a good friendship. Take care.

o

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear friend. She sounds like a wonderful person. I hope that you can find solace through remembering her kind spirit and true friendship to you. It's always so hard to lose those whom we love, but in time, even though we miss them sorely we also smile and become so thankful that we ever had them in our lives.
Bless you!
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here