Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my husband passed away

Posted by dianepa (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 19, 06 at 22:58

some of you remember that I'd been a caregiver to my DH Clyde, he had multiple mylemona, he passed away Oct 12th, a week ago today. we are doing good, we know he' in a better place, not stuggling to breathe, or in so much pain, etc, i think that alone has helped us, besides all the prayers said for us. we were married for 38 yrs. when he took that last breathe and he looked so peaceful, couldn't help but be relieved that he was no longer struggling! he went in the hospital Aug 12th, was paralzyed from that day on from below belly button down, which really was a blessing, his feet were so swelled, and catherater kept shutting off, he would have been in so much pain if he could have felt that.he was in the nursing home from Aug 21st till he passed on the 12th, so he had been out of the house for 2 months to the day, so we had already went through that, so that helped too. the kids and grandkids are doing ok too.DianePA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my husband passed away

It does help when you know they are released from their pain, but I know it's still hard.

We just marked the first anniversary of my husband's death on October 17. He, too, was released from a sad and painful situation.

You have my sympathy, Diane.

Susan

o

Hugs and sympathy from me, too. It is just a bit easier knowing our loved ones aren't suffering any longer.

o

Dianepa...I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that while you are at ease that he is not suffering you still wish he was with you. I'm newly married and can not imagine how it would feel to lose my husband. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here