Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a few words

Posted by DarrylsMom (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 29, 04 at 22:09

Hi everyone it was 1 month wednesday since my only son's death and it was a hard day. I still don't know where i am i visit the grave yard often it makes me feel better. I'm back to work and it occupies some of my day. I find it hard to meet people and that was never a problem. It still feels like a dream and i'm still angry with God hopefully my faith will come back i know it will but it takes time. My son had two beautiful boys and i try to talk to them often just to be close to him, they are a part of him. I know this will never go away and i'm still not awake but one day at a time. I have been looking for grief groups but there's none in my area so when i'm up to it i will start reading anyone with any idea's would help.Thanks for listening this place really helps DarrylsMom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a few words

So sorry to hear of your emotional pain and that their are no grief groups in your area. I wish you could find one as I think it would really help to spend some time with others who are feeling like you are.

In a way your son does live on, in his children. Do stay close to your dear grandsons.

Take care, and stay in touch here.

o

I'm so sorry! Have you tried Compassionate Friends? There are many chapters around the U.S. Also, if you can't meet in a group, they have online chats and a message board. Another online group is called GROWW. It may be helpful to you also.
After losing my daughter, it helped so much to talk to and be with other who had lost children.
Blessings to you. I'm so sorry!
Lu

o

I am so sorry. This is a very difficult period as you head into the next several months. I would strongly encourage you to keep your grandsons very close to you and as much a part of your life as possible. You will find comfort through them on some of your most difficult days. Please stay in touch in here and come here often to share your grief and even your better days. Prayers for strength sent to you.

deb

o

I am so sorry that you and everyone one this board has to bear this unthinkable pain. It will be only 4 months next week that I lost my 19 year old Matt. I still feel like I am in a dream. My only comfort, if that is what you want to call it, is that had he lived, he would have been paralized from the neck down and that I know is something he would have never wanted to do. I think the pain of seeing him live like that would have been even bigger than the pain of losing him - if that is even possible. I can only say that if I got through the past 4 months - anyone can - as I really thought I could not possibly live through this - Just like every loving person on this board says - one day at a time. God Bless you and know that you are not alone in your sorrow.

o

Sometimes when what you need is not available, you have to 'invent' it. One of my friends started a Compassionate Friends group when her son was killed because there wasn't one in the community. At this point, you're certainly not up to starting a group, but there are others who can. There's a grief group here sponsored by a nearby church that meets at the home of a woman whose grandson died last year.
Look in the phone book for Hospice and call and ask about their support groups. You don't have to be family of a Hospice patient to participate, they're open to all.
Call your local mental health agency and ask if there's a group you haven't heard about.
Check at the local library for books on grief and sometimes the library is a source of information about groups.

In the meantime, we who are here are concerned for you and we welcome you to our 'group' here.

Nell

o

DarrylsMom. I'm sorry you are feeling such pain. I know how you feel. It has been almost 5 months since my little boy died and everyday is a struggle. Every month anniversary kills me. To help get through I have been reading and writing alot. I keep a journal for my thoughts and to write Bryce letters to let him know I love him. Little things like that help me get through each day. I hope you can find ways that will help you get through. I hope it will get easier. I'll pray for you.

Brycesmommy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here