Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maybe this will make you smile a little

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 04 at 20:32

Today I went to the cemetery. Saw some really beautiful flowers left at gravesites. But I had to chuckle when I saw that instead of flowers, someone had left a pumpkin. I have never seen that and thought it was nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maybe this will make you smile a little

The football team where my son went to college is known as the Yellow Jackets. I have a yellow jacket pinwheel -- okay, maybe it's a bee, but I transfer it from floral arrangement to floral arrangement on his grave when I change the flowers. Sometimes I drive through the cemetery and its little wings turn in the wind as I drive by.

o

FoxesEarth...that's very sweet.

o

that is interesting....i had not thought about taking anything other than flowers. thanks for sharing.

deb

o

Some days when I go to the cemetary I take my 2 little dogs.
Someone has put one of those pinwheel birds at my friend Josh's grave. The dogs weren't too sure what to do the first time they saw it out there.
This did make me smile, thanks.

Charlee

o

Yesterday when I was out at the cemetery, someone also had brought a real pumpkin with a flower arrangement inside. It was really pretty.
Lu

o

My mother was fond of wind chimes. My daughter put one by her grave. In 7 years she has had to replace them. ? thoughts that someone would steal it but they do disappear. Everyone who sees them knows why there is one there.

o

One of my best friends who died in 2001 has a large ceramic red rooster on her grave. She was a beautiful redhead who had started collecting roosters and displaying them in her kitchen.

The first Mother's Day after my MIL had died I could hardly bear to buy one bouquet of flowers, one card, etc. I took flowers to the cemetary and a large helium balloon that said, "To the World's Greatest Mother". When I left the cemetary it was blowing in the breeze and I could see it up on the hill. It made me feel good because she used to hug us "bye" on her front porch and then as we were driving away she'd rush to the window and wave at us through it. The balloon made me feel as though she were still waving and sending her love to us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here