Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CariJo, please read

Posted by Alisande (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 29, 04 at 19:20

Cari, I'm so sorry to hear what's been happening. I think it would help you to talk with an experienced domestic abuse counselor. There are so many kinds of abuse, and each has many facets; the subject involves a lot more than husbands beating wives. I'll link you to the National Domestic Violence Hotline website below. Or call their national hotline

1-800-799-7233

to talk and/or get information about help in your community. These counselors are trained to help you tap into the strengths you already possess. Perhaps they can help your mother, too.

Best of luck to you,

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotline website

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CariJo, please read

I am so sorry for all you have been going though. I cannot imagine feeling the way you must feel towards your father especially after losing your brother. Your family is in trouble Cari - you are in trouble. I would strongly urge you to make contact with one of the links or numbers provided by Susan. If you have reached this point, you must certainly realize that nothing may change until you take charge and make it change. That involves the depth of strength in your weakest hour. Please reach out for help - it is there for you and can transform your life.
Please do not back away from posting here. By sharing your problems, it is one way of reaching out. We all care how you are doing and everyone wants to help. Please stay in touch and let us know what is happening.
I looked at the pictures you sent, they were so sweet. I think the one I liked best was the one of your brother in the bowl.
Prayers to you. Please check right back in.

deb

o

CariJo, I looked at your pictures too. They are precious and I can tell just how much love was between you and your brothers. Thanks for sharing them.
Lu

o

bumping this for CariJo

o

Thank you Alisonde. I'm sorry I worried you guys. I'm going to call and see if they can direct me to some free counseling in my state. I'm safe, I'm not having any contact with my father, but it's unfortunate since the holidays are coming up and I'm used to spending them with the entire family. Since he will be there, and I have a restraining order against him in my mind, I can't go. This is our family's first holiday without Danny. He was always a part of that gathering. There are a lot of warm, nurturing people in my extended family and I will miss seeing them.

I got a job, a terrible buffet kitchen baking job, but at least the financial situation is slightly less bleak.

I'm doing okay now. I was in a dark emotional space, more down than I've ever been before in my life. Thinking about Dan a lot. Actually I'll be thinking about all the other problems in life, and then the wall of greif comes up over that, making the discomforts of being alive seem so petty...on top of struggling so hard to get by, my baby brother is still dead and can't feel any of it.

My heart goes out to all of you, from any walk of life, from different generations, we've all had someone we not only knew but loved intensely taken from us. It really changes you and challenges you to find the meaning in life, to go on living even if it hurts, because at least it hurts.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Photos

o

CariJo, I'm really glad to hear from you. I hope you get the counseling, and it helps. You're obviously so bright and have so much to offer this world. Sometimes moving forward can only mean putting one foot in front of the other, but eventually you discover those baby steps add up and you're in a better place. Keep in touch.

Susan

o

I lost my mom ,dad and son in 16mths
I feel I am coping ok but I often feel that I shouldn't be coping this well. The fortunate thing for me is that I have my husband and 3 grown up children who are hurting themselves but are very supportive as we are all very close. Because I was a full time carer and mother to my son I have all this time on my hands which for the last 15 yrs I haven't had. I tend to do a lot more hours at my job at least there I can pretend to be like everyone else. I find being at home very hard because my son was always there. I am giving the holidays a miss this yr I just don't think I can cope as Adam loved christmas so much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here