Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby and Mommy checking in....

Posted by StefCo_NJ (dsc500@comcast.net) on
Fri, Oct 29, 04 at 19:16

Hi guys!
Sorry I haven't posted sooner.
My beautiful baby boy arrived via scheduled (repeat) c-section on Thursday, October 14th.
He's 15 days old now and a true delight.
His name is Brody Alan (Alan is his middle name, my Dad's name). If you remember, I wanted to name him for my Dad but couldn't come up with an 'A' name that both me and my husband liked. So we gave my Dad's name as his middle name and we're real happy with it.
It was a tough time without my Dad there with me on Brody's birthday. In the operating room, I just held on tight to my husband with one hand, and a stuffed animal I have (that's made from one of Dad's t-shirts) with the other -- and I knew that my Dad was with me, watching over me and my baby-to-be, assuring the safe, wonderful delivery we had.
I look at my baby and I see my Dad. From the time my Dad got sick, it was my 2 year old that got me through. Now I have 2 beautiful children to help me see the brighter side of things.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and good wishes.
I'd post a picture, but I don't think I can - I think my membership expired.
-Stef

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby and Mommy checking in....

How wonderful, Stef!! Welcome, Brody, Alanand we definitely want to see your beautiful face. Stef, if you can email me a picture, I'd be happy to post it for you.

Susan

o

Such a good feeling to hear that you and baby are fine. Congratulations.

Nell

o

Congratulations, Stef! Thanks for checking in with us!
I'd love to see Brody Alan, too. I too, will post it for me if you can email it to me. I know your dad was with you during the baby's birth.
Lu

o

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Cant wait to see the pic of the new arrival! YOu can be sure your dad was smiling down on you as your baby entered the world.

deb

o

Steph, congratulations! I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm sure Dad was with you the whole time. Babies coming always make me think about the circle of life and how families souls flow into each others.

Brody has a very special guardian angel.

Dianne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here