Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suicide-My Brother

Posted by debrarowell54 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 17:14

Nov 24 will be three years since we lost our older brother at fifty seven. A day does not go by that I don't think about that day and the months just before. I hurt for my parents because they were the first to arrive. Dad covered him so Mom could not see him. Everyone said time would make things easier,but I haven't felt it yet. My husband likes to hunt and doesn't understand why I don't want to have a part of it. I just don't want to be around guns.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suicide-My Brother

You have my sympathy on the loss of your brother. My grandfather committed suicide and my dad found him (dad was late teens at the time) Growing up we never heard granddads name mentioned because it so profoundly affected dad. Until someone is personally affected they don't realize the depth of the pain. Your dislike for guns is understandable.

Just this past week a good friend called to say her brother committed suicide. So much sorrow and so many unanswered questions. A brief misguided decision ultimately took a life and affected others forever. You can't change what's happened. Remember the good times. Each day it's one foot forward.

o
RE: Suicide-My Brother

i know your dh doesn't understand and thinks one has nothing to do with the other...but that is the rational person talking not the one with the grief...

what i'm suggesting is telling dh that you really don't mind him hunting and please go and enjoy..in fact, if you have a cabin or travel to reach the hunting sites, i'd say i'll be glad to travel with you but please let me enjoy time elsewhere while you're out...take the time to read, reflect...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here