SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

Sunday Check In

lulie___wayne
18 years ago

I know that many of you won't read this post until after Sunday, maybe weeks after, but I was just wondering if everyone could check in and just share where you are now in your grief if you feel inclined. Sometimes it helps just to verbalize or write different aspects of grief. Maybe it might help you to figure out just where you are at this point.

I'm seven years into my grief for my daughter and a year into it for my mom. The two griefs are very different since Christin left us very suddenly and was full of life and hope for a bright future. Mom was sick and had lived a good, long life. I miss them both very much and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of them, miss them and reminisce of days gone by. I visit their graves often and continue to cherish some of their personal belongings.

It's weird for me to go to visit my dad and not see and hear mom there with her loving, cheerful greetings and hospitality. I miss so much about her.

Christin's room is still as it was with most of her clothing still in her closet.... something that I really feel that I need to tend to so that my son won't have to do it someday. I know that someone maybe could be using her clothes. That part of the grief process has been one of my major snags. Her belongings is all I have left of her.

Anyway, the pain of my loss of both of them is still there. I know I will not "get over it" EVER. I am only learning to deal with it. It is my new life now.

Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction