Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I help my fiance grieve when we're not in the same state?

Posted by gregoryswife (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 14:09

My fiance lost his dad on 9/11/11 and after that we talked for that week, however he has completed shut down and isn't talking. It's hard because we are in a LDR and all we have is the phone. I know it's really hard on him as well since he lost his mom the end of March and didnt get to grieve for her. I've been reading not to take it personal and give him all the time and space he needs to grieve and I know he loves me.How do I get through this because I'm grieving as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I help my fiance grieve when we're not in the same sta

Maybe you can find some support groups for you to find out how to deal with this problem As for your fiance, if he does not get some help, he may never get over it and may not want to get married because he is scared something could happen to you.

o
RE: How do I help my fiance grieve when we're not in the same sta

Thanks Marie. I am in therapy and go each week. I think you're right in that he is scared he's going to lose me too. My therapist has suggested that when I do speak to him to see if he will get help since this is so overwhelming for him. Thanks for your reply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here