Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
as i sit in heaven

Posted by ninapearl (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 8:41

as i sit in heaven and watch you every day
i try and let you know with signs, i never went away.
i hear you when you're laughing, and watch you as you sleep
i even place my arms around you to calm you as you weep.
i see you wish the days away, begging to have me home
so i try to send you signs so you know you're not alone.
don't feel guilty that you have life that was denied to me
heaven is truly beautiful, just you wait and see.
so live your life, laugh again, enjoy yourself, be free
then i'll know with every breath you take
you'll be taking one for me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: as i sit in heaven

Beautiful, I will pass this on to my best friend who just lost her husband of 34 years.
Christine

o

so very sorry for your friend's loss. it will soon be 6 years since i lost my husband. some days, i still struggle.

o

Thanks nina, I imagine you will have days you struggle for the rest of your life. As I told my girlfriend the day he passed away, "You & your life will never be the same" and shes repeated that back to me many times in the past 3 1/2 months.

o

yes, christine, i have found that grief is a very long road, one that i would much prefer not to have to travel but someone told me a while after gary's death that i cannot go around grief, i must go through it. please give your friend my best and tell her she will get through this. i cannot say it ever gets better, but it does get "different". more tolerable as time goes by and less a way of life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here