Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I lost my Mum, my best friend! :(

Posted by f1br3opt1c (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 3:17

Condolences to everyone, I'm 19 years old and i just lost my mother 3 days ago. She was suffering from diabetics that left a wound on her leg which was so bad. At last her heart failed on her and she was gone. Noone was beside her. Knowing that she is not suffering anymore and at her better places does make me happy.

But she was my best friend, the only person i could talk to about my sad and happy moments. Now that she is gone, my eldest brother is giving so much problem, and also my girlfriend just doesn't understand what i am going throught and is starting fights with me. I have noone to go to. I am so lost right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I lost my Mum, my best friend! :(

Dear flbr3optlc (that's quite a name!;o) )

Honey, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I lost my mom 9 years ago, when I was 40 and it has been the hardest thing for me. To be so young must be especially difficult. You are going to grieve for a very long time. Do not be surprised at how this knocks the wind out you.

I would suggest that you seek out a group or a Pastor or counselor to help you talk this out. You need someone.

Family members have a way of acting like jerks at a time like this. It can really bring out the worst in people. I don't know if it is their way of coping with their loss or if they are trying to avoid dealing with it. Just try to remember that your brother has lost his mom too and he is suffering.

Your girlfriend has no idea what you are going through and she probable feels so unable to help you that she really can't deal with it. I'm sure that she is very sorry and loves you dearly but just may not be able to handle it.

I remember when my mom died feeling that I was an orphan. My dad had died just 14 months before that and I realized that I no longer was any one's child. It is a very lonely feeling and my faith in God was the only comfort that I had. Even with that it has been a long journey for me.

Make sure that you take really good care of yourself. Eat right, don't be surprised if you want to sleep a lot and get out in the world. Don't shut yourself off.

Grief is something that has a life of it's own. You cannot control how long you will grieve or to what degree. It will come when you least expect it. I always said that for me it was like Grief had come into my life, pulled up a chair and sat down and just stayed there.

If you have a woman in your life that you can talk to, someone that you look up to and respect, seek her out and talk to her. She will be a good source of comfort and strength for you.

I'll be here for you if you want to talk. God bless you dear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here