Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
passing of a mother

Posted by karrisa7 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 1:54

I know How it is to grieve for a mother, or anyone you love dearly. It has been a month since my mom passed away, and instead of each day getting easier, it seems to be getting harder to deal with my loss. She was my best friend and I miss her so much. Her death was unexpected and she was so young. I would do anything to get her back but IZ know that I can't. We all just have to remember that keeping a strong relationship with God promises us another chance to be with our loved ones again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: passing of a mother

It was just three months yestrday that I lost my mother and like you, she was my best friend. We were very, very close. I totally understand that it gets harder as time goes on. I feel the same way.

My thoughts are with you. Keep posting here-we all understand what it's like.

Joanne

o
RE: passing of a mother

Dear Karissa,

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My mom died way back in '91, very sudden. She told my dad she was going to take a nap as she was tired. She had babysat her small granddaughters for the weekend and wanted to rest a bit before a movie came on t.v. that night. She went to sleep and never woke.
I too found that while everyone said it would get better with time it seemed for a long while that it wouldn't. Every season brings it's own memories to be dealt with, good or bad, and each one feels fresh. You know what? That's ok. I believe God provides tears for us to cleanse our heart. It's been sixteen years since mom passed and sometimes I can laugh about things she said or did and sometimes I still feel annoyed! Sounds crazy right? To be annoyed with someone sleeping so peacefully? She has no idea I'm annoyed. But, I also believe that all those resurrections Jesus performed were, for us, previews of what is to come. My loss is bearable because I know I will see her again one day. Which is why Jesus told Martha, Lazarus' sister, that All those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, at the appropriate time. Your mom too. I know it.
No, I'm not a quack or fortune teller. Just a very strong believer in the good book. It's what tells us the truth and gets us through. I will keep you in my prayers.
Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here