SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clydeskid

Don't know what to do

clydeskid
18 years ago

I am 54 years old. Lost my dad 9 years ago. At the time there were a group of 11 of us who hung around together and had such good times, were such good friends. Judy died first at 43 of cancer, then Bill, then Jim, then the other Jim and it went in down the line in a matter of three years. Mack was the hardest to let go cause he was special, Finally there was only Ann and I left which was appropriate since we were the closest. 30 years of friendship more like sisters. Her family was my family. She had MS but was doing okay, Then two months ago she gets a stomach pain, bad, goes to ER where it is discovred she is full of cancer. She died three weeks later. We never knew, not even her husband. I am devastated, Have always been a strong person, take good care of my family but this one got me finally. I am the last one and they all died in ther 40's and 50's. Ann was the oldest at 60, and I cannot handle her being gone. I am a wreck inside though everyone thinks I am fine, To top it all off I have this irrational fear that I am next. All died of cancer except one, Do you think things like that happen for a reason? Why would 11 people who knew each other well all dies at early ages, most of the same thing? I am just on the edge with this.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz